Pastors, Parks, and Prostitution…AGAIN!
OK, it has happened again. I’m driving down the road listening to the local newsbreak on the radio and the story of yet another pastor being arrested for sexual solicitation is broadcast for the entire River Valley to hear. Apparently the police had launched a sting effort at Fort Smith Park (which seems to be a frequent destination for sexual perverts around here) and nabbed a bunch of men. Of course the one pastor that was arrested was the BIG news story.
Let me first begin by saying that I am sooooo tired of this. So tired of hearing story after story of called men of God falling to temptation and seeking sexual fulfillment away from their wife. And I am mad. NO, mad doesn’t really cut it. I am TICKED OFF! This has GOT to stop!! The world is watching! As pastors we carry a unique mantel of testimony. Our downfall has a greater impact on the cause of Christ than that of the Average Joe. Maybe it’s not fair but that IS the way it is. There are those who love to laugh and revel when yet another pastor cannot keep his sexual appetite within the privacy of his bedroom with the one woman with which he made a covenant.
EVERY TIME “Pants on the Ground: Pastor’s Edition” is played, it just becomes ANOTHER reason for people to stay away from church, ANOTHER reason to not trust clergy, ANOTHER reason to not trust Jesus.
And it has to stop. Now. This very minute!
If you’re a pastor PLEASE for the sake of the Kingdom, for the sake of the all the rest of us who are called, for the sake of the Gospel…
• Keep your fly zipped up and privates private. NEVER remove your pants except in the privacy of your bedroom with your wife. Not in your office, not in your car, not in a park.
• If you’re a Pastor in Fort Smith, NEVER go to Fort Smith Park for ANY reason. That location is poison right now. Nothing good can come from your presence there.
• NEVER meet with a woman in your office with the door closed and without the presence of another person. Never. Not for any reason.
• NEVER ride in a car alone with another woman other than your wife. NEVER!
• Never eat lunch alone with another woman other than your wife. Even if you’re out of town and “no one” will know. Not for any reason.
• Don’t look at porn. Your wife is the ONLY woman you need to see naked.
• If you struggle with ANY of the above. Do one of two things, PLEASE: 1) get help, or 2) get out of the ministry. Today. Right now. Don’t wait.
And please don’t tell me the above are obvious and that we all know we need to do (or not do) these things. Apparently that’s just not the case.
I’m done venting. Until the next time….